For some birthing people, the difficulties of navigating the healthcare system, managing the transition into parenthood, and a variety of uncertainties can be overwhelming and isolating. I support birthing people who have experienced infant loss (miscarriage, termination of pregnancy, loss after pregnancy) or trying to conceive (natural conception, IVF, IUI, adoption, or surrogacy).
As a therapist and doula apprentice, I specialize in perinatal mental health and can provide a space for birthing people to just BE without any expectations or judgments.
Common mental health symptoms for birthing people:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge you
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues and create a space for being and healing. Contact me today to see how I can help with holistic mental health practices.